Chocolate truffle cake is a chocolate layer cake. It is a dense, moist chocolate cake. This is made up of silky chocolate truffle frosting and chocolate flakes. This cake satisfies the cravings of chocolate lovers. Chocolate frosting is made up of heavy cream, chocolate and butter. You can buy this cake from any online cake shop.
Recipe of Chocolate Truffle Cake
Ingredients Required :
For the Chocolate Frosting :
- semi-sweet or dark chocolate compound (finely chopped)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup unsalted butter
For the Chocolate Cake:
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cup powdered sugar
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¾ cup hot water
For the Assembly:
- chocolate flakes or chocolate sprinkles
- Large star piping tip
How to Prepare the Cake
How to make the Chocolate Frosting
You need to prepare the chocolate frosting in advance, so that it will perfectly cool down and properly set.
- Firstly take the compound of chocolate and finely chop the chocolate. Then place the chopped chocolate into a large heatproof bowl.
- After that, take a medium saucepan and combine heavy cream and butter.
- Then you need to Cook butter and heavy cream on a medium-high flame and you need to stir often, until it just simmers.
- Now Pour hot cream over chopped chocolate and cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- You need to Stir gently until completely smooth.
- Lastly, place plastic wrap directly on top of chocolate. Allow to thicken and set overnight.
How to make the Chocolate Cake:
- Firstly, Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Then Grease two 8″ cake rounds, dust with cocoa powder and line bottoms with parchment.
- Now take flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Then put all the ingredients into the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Mix all the ingredients until it combines well.
- Now again take a medium bowl, put the whisk eggs, oil, buttermilk, and vanilla into that bowl.
- After that Very slowly pour some in hot water while whisking constantly.
- Now it’s time to add wet ingredients to dry and mix on medium for 2 to 3 minutes. So the batter will be very thin.
- Now Pour the batter evenly into prepared pans. Then Bake the batter for approximately 30 minutes. After 30 minutes insert the toothpick into the centre. If it comes out clean that means your cake is ready otherwise you need to cook more.
- Then Place the cakes on a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once the cake is cooled down then cut each layer in half horizontally.
How to Assemble the Cake :
- Firstly take a layer of cake onto a cake stand or serving plate.
- Then Top the cake layer with a thin layer of chocolate frosting and you need to Spread evenly.
- You need to Repeat this process with remaining layers of cake and frosting.
- Now Crumb coats the cake. Chill for 30 minutes.
- For the smooth sides of the cake at the top you need to reserve a small amount of chocolate frosting for the top decorations, if desired. Place the cake back in the fridge for 20 minutes to set.
- Once the cake cools down, now gently put chocolate flakes or chocolate sprinkles into the sides and top.
- Last, Pipe dollops of reserved chocolate frosting on top using a large open star tip.
You Might Also Like: