Every year People celebrate Ganesh Chaturthi with a lot of enthusiasm in India. It is an 11 days festival. This year it begins on 10 September and ends on 21 september. We all do worship Lord Ganesha during this festival. This festival is celebrated in Maharashtra, Gujarat, Karnataka, and Uttar Pradesh. Many people bring their idol of Lord Ganesh to their house during this festival. Not only in their homes but also publicly this festival is celebrated. At the Anant Chaturdashi day, we give Lord Ganesh a farewell and at the last day of the Ganesh, Chaturthi peoples pray to him and say baapa return next year. Some people celebrate this festival for two days, some celebrate it for the entire ten days. So we also called Ganesh Mahotsav.
Our elders say worship of Lord Ganesh brings happiness, peace, and prosperity in life. In Hindu Dharm’ every puja and every good work starts with the name of Lord Ganesh.
This year ‘Ganesh Chaturthi muhurat begins at 12:17 am on September 10 and will continue till 10 pm. On this day people should get up early and take a bath, then they visit the temple of their house and clean and purify the area with gangajal. Also, they prepare some sweets like ‘Durva Ghas’, ‘Ladoos’ and ‘Modaks’ and they offer these sweets to Lord Ganesh. The Lord Ganesh puja is completed with the ‘Aarti’.
So this year due to covid-19 we are not able to celebrate the Ganesh Mahotsav as we celebrated. We have to take care of the covid protocols and we have to keep ourselves safe. So the government has put many restrictions on us and we have to follow all these restrictions while celebrating our festival. Dont worry still you can celebrate your festival by following other ways;
- Bring the Lord Ganesh statue of 4 feet at home.
- Decorate your ideal pandal and your ideal with beautiful flowers and ornaments
- Dont allow many peoples same time for the darshan of your ideal
- Disinfect the complete area regularly
- Do personal screening of your guests
- Try to maintain the social distancing
- While performing the aarti there should be fewer people
- If possible arrange a virtual darshan for your ideal.
- Dont allow children and senior citizens for the darshan
- In possible use bio-degradable or clay ideal statues. So that your visarjan can be done at home or at artificial ponds
- It is better to do some health programs like blood donation camps etc. do some work for the betterment of the humans.
You Might Also Like: