Gift-giving etiquette is important because if the selection of the gifting is right, it is given at the right time and it is given in the right manner then one can make the occasion and gift memorable for someone. It doesn’t matter whether the gift is expensive or not but timing and meaning are more important.
Here we will explain gift-giving etiquette do’s and don’ts which will help you.
List of all Do’s:
- Always buy something tasteful: Whenever you are gifting something to someone then always buy some useful and tasteful gift because this will help the recipient to remember the sender’s gift and the interest of the person will never vanish. If you are gifting at the corporate level then you can put your logo on a gift to show that your company is professional. Smaller logos, proper brand colors, and well-thought-out design make for a successful gift. And if you are giving a gift on some occasion then buy online gifts according to the recipient’s style and taste. Or you can think about what he/she wanted.
- Show care and appreciation: Timing of the gift-giving will be an important thing that converts a simple thing into a careful thing. You can give a gift on holiday or on special occasions if you send a gift to your loved ones on their special day like birthday, anniversary or on some occasion like mother’s day, Diwali, New Year, etc. then the recipient will never forget and he/she will be cared for and appreciated.
- Send a gift so everyone can enjoy it: Always those gifts which are enjoyed by everyone like you can give some treats and snacks. Also, you can choose other small gifts too! Just make sure that whatever you choose people will appreciate and enjoy it.
- Keep your company and relationship in their mind. If you’ve just had a meeting, made a deal or you just visited your dear one’s house for a surprise and some holiday or special occasion is coming then it will be an appropriate time to send flowers to them.
- Send something relevant. If you know the person has done a lot for you or you are working with a particular group of people or individuals frequently, then try to send something a bit more personal to them. If you have just met or connected with them, then simply the gesture itself will be well-received.
List of all Don’t:
- Poor presentation. Always give gifts to your loved ones or in your work area with proper presentation. Presentation always put a good impact on the receiver’s eyes. If the presentation is not good then the interest or excitement of the receiver will feel low. Large logos, incompatible colors, improper packing, and last-minute alterations can be well-intended but may give off the impression of disrespect.
- Never do any difference: Always give the same type of gifts to people like if you are gifting in your friend circle then give the same sort of gift or if you are working with multiple people in another company, make sure you will give the same gifts or gift hampers. This way, people will not have any issues with the comparison.
- Flood the office with promotional material. Always make a difference between promotional gifts and appreciation gifts. If you are giving a large corporate gift, then always be careful because sometimes this will show you are selling the company more than you’re showing appreciation. If something could be mistaken as promotional material, it’s best not to send it as a gift.
- Sell too hard. Similar to what was said earlier; just make sure that whatever gift you give isn’t too promotional. It shouldn’t come across as a selling technique; it should seem like the kind gesture that it is!
You Might Also Like: