When it comes to rakhi festival, people gather together to celebrate it in the heartiest way. The real fun event, which surrounds the youngsters of the family, takes place in a grand way. As we all know – there are no family gatherings without munchables. Since Rakshabandhan takes place at a certain time of the year, the food is also pretty much traditional. People eat fresh and good food so that it marks auspiciousness on this day.
Rakhi With Sweets
Here are some of the dishes you can try out on Rakshabandhan 2017 –
- Besan LaddooBesan laddoos are something you have right after you tie the rakhi to your brother. Although these are something that you have your eyes on throughout the day. These delicacies can easily fit into your plan for Rakshabandhan 2017.
- SamosasSteaming hot Samosas are best served with hot teas. These are some of the best delicacies you can have during this festival. After all the sisters have done a lot during the day right up to the time when they tie rakhis for brother. A healthy snack such as this can thoroughly be enjoyed.
- Almond Saffron PhirniThese are really easy to make and when served in the earthen vessels, they make the tradition even stronger. You can enjoy it after dinner. Just keep it in the refrigerator to chill. Another way to enjoy this is right after tying the rakhi.
- Moong Daal KababThe idea is to make your brother happy. So simply buying the best rakhi with sweets is not enough. You have to please their stomachs as well. The best way to do so is by giving them a taste of this splendid moong daal kabab.
- Kashmiri PulaoFor a post rakhi meal, a Kashmiri pulao is the way to go. You can try this out for Rakshabandhan 2017 if your friends and family are going to come over for a delicious dinner. Everyone loves a nice pulao. Alternatively you can try out lemon rice, veg fried rice or a very healthy sprouts fried rice.
- Kulcha naanfor those snacks and brunches, kulcha naans are simply irreplaceable. You can also replace these with aloo Gobi paratha or similar of the sort that your kids happen to love. If you are the sister, then you can choose any of the recipes for your brother.
This festival is essentially for the brother and therefore while you are looking for rakhis for brother, you also have to plan for a special meal. The ones mentioned above are ideal for rakshabandhan and they have been going on for generations. You can also try out some modern delicacies with chocolates to spruce up this day.