Christmas is around the corner and it goes without saying that cakes and desserts form an integral part of this cheery season. Christmas cakes date back to the 16th century and it has changed considerably with time, depending on the recipes the way they were passed through generations. The making of Christmas cakes has been carried over by families across the world and underwent several alterations. These cakes are made better and superior by adding almonds, raisins, walnuts cashews, orange rinds, and lemon taste making Christmas delicacy hard to resist without taking a bite.
The Christmas season is the busiest period in the year as we are looking forward to celebrating Christmas, we certainly are looking for something sumptuous and delicious to make our closed ones elated. If you do not have time to bake and are short of ideal Christmas cake designs then head to Indiagift, a genuine online portal to order cake online and lift up the exquisiteness of this season.
Though all the bakeries have traditional Christmas cakes if you are keen to bake a moist cake yourself and bring a smile to your dear ones’ faces then this recipe can be an ideal one. This luscious Christmas cake will be appreciated by all and will be a treat to the taste buds and will take them on a trip of nutty and fruity flavors. It can be made from a handful of ingredients and may it be kids, or grown-ups this cake will surely woo everyone around.
Ingredients required baking the cake at home that serves 10 people
- Dried Cranberries-150g
- Orange zest-2 tablespoon
- Chopped prunes-200g
- Cinnamon powder-1 teaspoon
- Clove powder-1/4 teaspoon
- Vanilla Essence-1 teaspoon
- Fresh orange juice-150ml
- Brown Sugar-175g
- Baking powder-1/2 teaspoon
Bear in mind to chop all the nuts and fruits into fine pieces as bigger pieces will make the cake to crumble. You can roughly chop them in an electric chopper as well.
How to prepare delicious and rich Christmas fruit cake
- Soak all the dried fruits, cranberries, and prunes add lemon juice orange zest, and juice and allow it to soak in them overnight. It is recommended to heat the oven prior to baking at 160 degrees centigrade. Grease the pan that is 8-9 inches in diameter at the base.
- Boil all the dry fruits that are soaked. When it starts boiling simmer it for 4-5 minutes. Cool it down after removing it from the flame.
- Take a big bowl and mix flour and baking powder. Leave it on one side and in the meantime beat sugar and butter together. After that add the above-mentioned eggs and mix them well.
- After this add the chopped cashews, clove powder, cinnamon powder, and vanilla essence to the mixture of egg, sugar, and butter and blend it nicely. Then add all the dry fruits, juice, and all-purpose flour slowly and mix it using the cut-and-fold method.
- Put the entire mixture in a well-greased dish and evenly spread it with a spatula. Opt for a square or a circular dish for baking the Christmas cake
- Bake it for approximately 45-50 minutes or till the cake leaves the sides. The cake should be left in the oven for a few minutes. Take the cake out and let it cool. Now get the cake out of the pan. Put the cling film around the cake and store it.
- If you want to make the cake richer and healthier you can also add almonds and walnuts in it. To have a chocolaty taste add a bit of cocoa powder in it.
Some other Christmas cake ideas that your guests would really enjoy are:
Mini chocolate cranberry cakes
To elevate your Christmas mood these mini chocolate cranberry cakes would be an amazing choice. It is a simple recipe and looks perfect on a table this festival. Use Christmassy colors and essence to fill up these sponge cakes with cranberry jam and top it with moist chocolate and some fresh cranberries.
Small Christmas cakes also known as muffins are another great idea this festive season. These cakes are made with rum-soaked dried fruits with orange icing on the top. This scrumptious dessert recipe is enjoyed by everyone in the family. These can be baked very quickly as compared to the usual and conventional Christmas cake. In approximately 30 minutes they are out of the oven to be enjoyed by everyone.
Christmas cake with Fruits
This Christmas enjoy a fruit cake that is loaded with dried fruits and is excessively lip-smacking. This easy fruit cake is a big hit with everyone and is always included in the treat list of Christmas cakes.
Adapting it to individual cakes or muffins is a great idea as these can be served easily and create no mess as everyone grabs their individual serving without getting into the hassle of picking up the plate.
So, without any delay this festive occasion order Christmas cake online and get it delivered to the doorstep of your loved one and surprise them with your thoughtfulness. Christmas cake ideas are in galore like one with icing, fruits, and a combination of diverse spices to name a few. This festive season send irresistible baked cakes through Indiagift and make the event extra special for your dear ones.