October has already set in and the festive season begins. The time has come when the whole surroundings filled with the happy vibes, brightness, happiness and new energy. This festive season, get ready to make every festival, an amazing and memorable one by doing something creative. As Diwali and Bhai dooj festival is approaching, so everyone is busy buying gifts, new clothes, finding new ways to make festival special. Do you know about the Diwali Bhai Dooj festival? Before we start, know about the Diwali and Bhai Dooj festival, falling this October. Get the whole information about these two beautiful festival and celebrate it all in a great and unforgettable way.
Diwali! The festival of light! The time to spread happiness! Yes, Diwali festival is the most awaited festival of the year which is celebrated with great zeal and enthusiasm. The festival is observed on the day of ‘Amavasya,’ fifteenth day of Kartik according to Hindu calendar. This year, Diwali is on 27th October.
- Diwali is the time for celebrating the triumph of good over evil and purity over impurity.
- Diwali marks the return of Lord Rama (seventh incarnation of Lord Vishnu) from 14 yrs of exile.
- As the festival falls on Amavasya night, so people light up the surroundings with the gleam of diyas and candles to remove the darkness and welcome the better life ahead.
- On the other hand, crackers are exploded as noise is said to fight the evil spirits.
- Not only this, people share the sweetness of the festival with near and dear ones by exchanging Diwali gifts. You can buy fantastic Diwali gifts for brother, sister, mom, dad, friends etc.
- Gifting is always said as the best way to share the happiness and love with your loved ones. So, this festive make this occasion even more beautiful by ordering some amazing gifts online.
- In the corporate world, you can observe the other unseen face of the festival. Yes, on this day, companies give bonuses in the form of money or gift to their employers or worker. This is another way to appreciate their hard work and dedication towards the growth of the company.
Bhai Dooj 2019
Bhai dooj is the most beautiful festival when sisters pray for the long life of their brothers and in return receive gifts. The festival is celebrated on the last day of 5 days long Diwali festival which is the second day of Shukla Paksha in Hindu Calendar. The current date for Bhai Dooj or 2019 Bengali Bhai Phonta is 29th October. This festival celebrates the eternal love between brother and sister.
- It is believed that after defeating the evil demon Narakasur, Lord Krishna paid a visit to his sister Subhadra. She welcomed her applying tilak on his forehead, sweets and flowers. This story is the origin of this festival.
- Bhai dooj festival is similar to Raksha Bandhan when one can see the real beauty of brother-sister bond.
- On this day, markets are flooded with bhai dooj tikka gifts for brother which helps a sister to show emotions for each other.
- There is also a beautiful story of Yama, the God of Death and his sister, Yami. After a long time, Yama visited his sister and she welcomed her by putting a tilak on his forehead and fed his delicious dishes. Yama was highly impressed with this welcoming gesture and announced that whoever receive tilak from his loving sister on this beautiful day will live a long, healthy and happy life. Therefore, this festival of Bhai Dooj is also known as Yama Dwitiya.
- On this festival, sister buy best Bhai Dooj gifts for brother and express their emotions of love and care in a nice manner.
- Bhai Dooj festival is known for different names in different states. Bhai Phonta 2019 in West Bengal, Bhai Tikka in Nepal & other parts of eastern India and Bhau Beej in western India.
Bhai Dooj Date & Muhurat:
Bhai Dooj or 2019 Bhai Phonta Bengali Festival Date—29th October
Bhai Dooj muhurat 2019 — 13:10 to 15:22
Festivals are another way to create infinite happy memories. So what are you waiting for? Go on and celebrate the Diwali Bhai Dooj 2019 in a great way.
You Might Also Like